Source not Found

Declan Moriarty declan.moriartyt at ntlworld.ie
Mon Apr 19 01:39:56 PDT 2004

vincent.vandaele at tele2.fr enlightened us
> Hello
> When my system boot I have this errors for portmap and gpm
> -->source not found
> For GPM
> You should not be reading this error message. It means
> 	that an unforseen error took place in
> 	which exited with a return value of 127
> 	If you're able to track this error down to a bug in one
> 	of the files provided by the LFS book, please be so kind
> 	to inform us at lfs-dev at linuxfromscratch.org
>

> Please create an /etc/sysconfig/mouse file containing
>         MDEVICE and PROTOCOL values
> But I have this files in the good directory with good access
>
> For Portmap
> You should not be reading this error message. It means
> 	that an unforseen error took place in
> 	which exited with a return value of 127
> 	If you're able to track this error down to a bug in one
> 	of the files provided by the LFS book, please be so kind
> 	to inform us at lfs-dev at linuxfromscratch.org
> But I have all the files!!!
> I don't understand
>
> Thanks a lot

Why don't you do some basic hacking to the scripts to put in feedback at
every stage until you find where the error is. Take this example. Notice
and correct my hacks (Marked below). I am probably the list's worst
scripter.

if [ -f /etc/sysconfig/mouse ]
        then
        source /etc/sysconfig/mouse
fi

if [ -z "$MDEVICE" ] || [ -z "$PROTOCOL" ]
        then
        echo "Please create an /etc/sysconfig/mouse file containing"
        echo "MDEVICE and PROTOCOL values"
        exit 1;

	With Best Regards,

	Declan Moriarty.