Source not Found

Daniel Díaz al590349 at mail.mty.itesm.mx
Sun Apr 18 13:51:13 PDT 2004

Hello, Vincent.

On Sun, 2004-04-18 at 15:32, vincent.vandaele at tele2.fr wrote:
> When my system boot I have this errors for portmap and gpm
> -->source not found
> For GPM
> You should not be reading this error message. It means
> 	that an unforseen error took place in
> 	which exited with a return value of 127
> 	If you're able to track this error down to a bug in one
> 	of the files provided by the LFS book, please be so kind
> 	to inform us at lfs-dev at linuxfromscratch.org
>
> Please create an /etc/sysconfig/mouse file containing
>         MDEVICE and PROTOCOL values
> But I have this files in the good directory with good access

Are you sure about that? When you 'cat /etc/sysconfig/mouse' it should
display something like this:

[ddiaz at akva ~]$ cat /etc/sysconfig/mouse
# start /etc/sysconfig/mouse
MDEVICE=/input/mouse2
PROTOCOL=imps2
# end /etc/sysconfig/mouse

Be sure to have /etc/sysconfig/mouse as a FILE not as a DIRECTORY.

It would be great to have some basic understanding of Bash. I have
already looked for some French tutorials, but just can't find any.

Go over to the GPM seccion from the book. Be sure to change
"[yourdevice]" and "[yourprotocol]" for something appropriate.

As for RPC, don't know.

Greetings.

Daniel Díaz
yosoy at danieldiaz.org