why nobody wants to help me

Declan Moriarty declan.moriartyt at ntlworld.ie
Fri Apr 16 01:25:15 PDT 2004

that weasel enlightened us
> On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 14:38, Vincent VANDAELE wrote:
> > I posted 2 mails and nobody helpes me?
> > Why????
> You can try setting your date to the correct time so that your mails
> don't show up under hundreds of old read messages.  I tend to delete
> (without reading) anything that has a seriously incorrect date, just
> cause it annoys the shit out of me.
>
> I'm not really sure why this is such a common problem on all of the
> *lfs-* list, but i'm actually thinking of writing a hint about how to
> set you date/time because apparently lots of people have trouble with
> this.

I delete them because 99% of them are spam.

The thing is, though (and I speak from personal experience) it's very
easy to let your date slip if your mailbox isn't sorted by date. If it's
just sorted by thread, you don't notice. And it isn't until someone says
you're in 1875 that you wake up and check it. Email is the only thing
that uses my computer's guess at the date.

--

	With best Regards,

	Declan Moriarty.