X.org (6.7.0)

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Thu Apr 15 10:59:05 PDT 2004

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004, Declan Moriarty wrote:

> >  Anybody know of a supplier for sack-cloth and ashes if it turns out to
> > be a bug in my scripts ?
> >

> Biblically, you had to get sackcloth yourself - it was part of the deal,
> but you could always fall back on (home baked) humble pie :-)

 Nah, it's too sweet, bad for my teeth :-|

 After leaving the box running around in circles to burn cpu cycles, I
can now see that an earlier script fault confused me - I'd been building
freetype2 and fontconfig, but I'd not put the relevant lines into the
host.def file.  I knew that from trying to build gimp-2, but dismissed
it as unimportant.  What I've now established is that I can build the
X.org CVS checkout from 29th February, but only with it's included
freetype2 and fontconfig.  The big shock is the versions of those -
freetype-2.1.4 and fontconfig-1.0.1.  Looks like I've got to backtrack a
bit more to see which version is giving me the grief.

Ken