wrong kernel modules loaded

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Wed Apr 14 06:07:18 PDT 2004

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004, Christian H. Kuhn wrote:

> The directory is linux-2.4.25, and there exists a linux-2.4.22 in
> parallel. Also there is a symlink linux, pointing earlier to
> linux-2.4.22 and now to linux-2.4.25. I usually use cd /usr/src/linux to
> get into the kernel source directory.

 The only thing I can suggest is that the symlink is somehow breaking
things, although I see no reason how/why.  Since /usr/src/linux is
generally considered a "bad thing" these days, I suggest you remove the
symlink, save the .config, cd into linux-2.4.25, make mrproper, then cp
back the config and try rebuilding it.

  It might also be worthwhile removing any /lib/modules/*/build symlinks
before running make dep.  In fact, if you've got these build symlinks it
would be interesting to know where they were pointing, in case that is
part of the trouble.

Ken