wrong kernel modules loaded

Christian H. Kuhn official at qno.de
Wed Apr 14 05:06:38 PDT 2004

Hi Ken,

& dixit Ken Moffat:
> On Mon, 12 Apr 2004, Christian H. Kuhn wrote:
>  what you are doing sounds ok, but clearly there is a deeper problem, so
> I'll ask what is hopefully a silly question:

After having made clear that there are not the "normal" errors, it is
necessary to look for the fault in the most impossible places ...

> Are you using a 2.4.25
> tarball from kernel.org, or patching up from 2.4.22 ?

It's a freshly untarred 2.4.25 from kernel.org. No patches.

> The symptoms
> you're seeing sound a bit like things I saw once when I unpacked an old
> version of the kernel into e.g. linux-2.4.22, patched it up, and then
> ran `make dep' without renaming the direcory to linux-2.4.25.

The directory is linux-2.4.25, and there exists a linux-2.4.22 in
parallel. Also there is a symlink linux, pointing earlier to
linux-2.4.22 and now to linux-2.4.25. I usually use cd /usr/src/linux to
get into the kernel source directory.

Kind regards,
Chris