X.org (6.7.0)

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Mon Apr 12 13:50:46 PDT 2004

 First time trying to use X11R6.7.0 parts 1 to 6, and it's segfaulting
during the install, in
exports/bin/mkfontscale /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1

 Among the possible lines of attack are:
(a) it's terminally broken
(b) it's broken on ppc
(c) my build script is broken

 So far, I've pulled a load of patches from gentoo and fedora, but it's
less than clear which of them might be useful (AFAIK, nobody is using
the X.org *release* yet).  To try and speed things up, is anybody else
using the release from X.org, and if so on which platform ?

  I've been using a CVS pull from 29th Feb, but it looks as if all of
the structural/renaming changes happened after that).

Ken