(no subject)

John Pierce john at athomecomputing.biz
Sun Apr 11 18:46:17 PDT 2004

If I am not using the right mailing list please let me know. I am trying
to upgrade to the 2.6 kernel and I am not having any luck. I was able to
compile alright however when I boot up it hangs after it accomplishes
all the scripts in init.d. The hotplug script doesn't work because the
/var/lock/subsys directory does not exist and when I create it it
disappears on the next reboot (I know there is a reason for this). I did
look at the logs but I didn't find any problems there. Lastly when it
does hang I am still able to ctrl+alt+delete and reboot the system.
Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
John