wrong kernel modules loaded

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Sun Apr 11 15:59:29 PDT 2004

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004, Christian H. Kuhn wrote:

> To be sure that i did not mix things up, i untarred and recompiled the
> kernel sources. It's a fresh kernel, and a fresh System.map.

Chris,

 what you are doing sounds ok, but clearly there is a deeper problem, so
I'll ask what is hopefully a silly question:  Are you using a 2.4.25
tarball from kernel.org, or patching up from 2.4.22 ?   The symptoms
you're seeing sound a bit like things I saw once when I unpacked an old
version of the kernel into e.g. linux-2.4.22, patched it up, and then
ran `make dep' without renaming the direcory to linux-2.4.25.

Ken