nvidia + mesalibs + quake3

cedric cedric.de.wijs at softhome.net
Fri Apr 9 01:46:05 PDT 2004

On Friday 09 April 2004 07:18, shelton wrote:
> ahoyhoy,
>
> earlier this week, i found that i could not compile simple
> opengl programs.
> so i ran out and got the Mesa libs and installed them.
>
> now i can build and execute simple opengl programs, but
> quake3 can't start
> anymore. i also get errors when trying to run the nvidia
> driver installer.
>
> here's the nvidia log:
> $ tail -20 /var/log/nvidia-installer.log
>     /lib/modules/2.4.22/build/include/asm/hardirq.h:16:
> error: requested alignme
>     nt is not a constant
>     In file included from nv-linux.h:75,
>                      from nv.c:14:
>     /lib/modules/2.4.22/build/include/linux/interrupt.h:129:
> error: `CONFIG_X86_
>     L1_CACHE_SHIFT' undeclared here (not in a function)
>     /lib/modules/2.4.22/build/include/linux/interrupt.h:129:
> error: requested al
>     ignment is not a constant
>     In file included from nv.c:14:
>     nv-linux.h:462:2: warning: #warning "conftest.sh failed,
> assuming old Linux
>     2.4 remap_page_range(4)!"
>     nv.c:77: warning: `nvos_proc_remove_all' declared
> `static' but never defined
>     make[1]: *** [nv.o] Error 1
>     make: *** [module] Error 2
> -> Error.
> ERROR: Unable to build the NVIDIA kernel module.
> ERROR: Installation has failed.  Please see the file
>         '/var/log/nvidia-installer.log' for details.
>
> any ideas?
> thanks.
> --
> ~rick

Nothing solid, but it looks like something has gone wrong with your kernel
build dir. i would remove the linux source dir (remember bo backup .config!)
and recreate it, and remake your kernel. After that i guess the nvidie
installer is happy. I don't know how this affect mesa.

Hope this doesn't make your system worse,
Cedric
--
The only dumb question is the one omitted

De enige domme vraag is degene die niet gesteld wordt