[OT] Re: Spamassassin settings.

Alexander E. Patrakov see at the.sig
Wed Apr 7 08:46:53 PDT 2004

Dan Osterrath wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 7. April 2004 15:07 schrieb Nico R.:
>
>>>It is Russian. I propose to block all messages with "cp1251",
>>>"windows-1251" or "koi8-r" character encoding unconditionally. I do
>>>this because I am probably the only one from Russia who ever posts to
>>>the list, and I either use either US-ASCII or UTF-8.
>>
>>Mmh, would probably block most support requests from our Russian users.
>>Even if you are the only one at the moment, we won't notice a newbie
>>coming here for support.
>

> But if he use this encoding he is writing in russian. And nobody (but
> Alexander) could read this. So our "embedded spam filter" (aka brain) would
> guide us to ignore or delete the message anyway.

GRRR, I see one more SPAM messahe in lfs.dev (the one which points to
http://www.amercenterpub.info/), and that's after I wasted $2.10 for the
telephone conversation with Moscow explaining the language problem to
the spammer (they teach people English)! If you have nothing to do, you
can also annoy them by phoning to +7 095 1055186 and explaining the problem.

I have even recorded that conversation into a wav file, just in case.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov
To get my address: echo '0!42!+/6 at 5-3.535.25' | tr [!-:] [a-z] | tr n .