Spamassassin settings.

Alexander E. Patrakov see at the.sig
Wed Apr 7 08:37:45 PDT 2004

Dan Osterrath wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 7. April 2004 15:07 schrieb Nico R.:
>
>>>It is Russian. I propose to block all messages with "cp1251",
>>>"windows-1251" or "koi8-r" character encoding unconditionally. I do
>>>this because I am probably the only one from Russia who ever posts to
>>>the list, and I either use either US-ASCII or UTF-8.
>>
>>Mmh, would probably block most support requests from our Russian users.
>>Even if you are the only one at the moment, we won't notice a newbie
>>coming here for support.
>
> But if he use this encoding he is writing in russian.

You are correct, good mailers (like Mozilla and KMail) don't use
Russian-specific character sets if the message consists entirely of
ASCII characters (look e.g. at my posts and at the charset configuration
dialog in KMail), so this won't rule out well-formed support requests.

Big warning: MSOE and The Bat! are not tested. Web-based mail services
also can be a problem.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov
To get my address: echo '0!42!+/6 at 5-3.535.25' | tr [!-:] [a-z] | tr n .