xwindows wont start??

Steven C. exvor at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 4 08:20:00 PDT 2004

I was messing around with other window managers and
did not change anything in my configuration files for
x windows or anything else and now x windows will not
start.  Strange thing that I'm getting here there are
no errors and when x crashes just says terminated
successfully.  I even pulled the log file for x
windows and cannot find where I am getting an error.
All I have in there are information logs??
What basically happens is I do a startx command and
then it flashes up with the standard black little x
then it goes black again and nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

running KDE 3.2
standard ati driver