DiskOnChip

Zahari Doychev doychevz at in.tum.de
Sun Apr 4 07:56:56 PDT 2004

  My purpose is to make a small file system under 16 MB (DiskOnChip) which
runs on
AP-486(586) board. So far I have compiled a LFS system using the
LFS-5.0-pre1 under Debian
distribution under VMware virtual machine. This system has got to big for my
needs. I have read
in the FAQs that from such a system I can make another one without a problem
which is under 16 MB.
But before doing this I have made a bootable CD following  the instructions
in the BLFS hints file
http://lfs.oregonstate.edu/hints/downloads/files/boot-cd_easy.txt to see if
the current system run on AP
board but it didn't. The bootable CD works fine on other machines. I am new
to the LFS so please tell
me what I have done wrong or if this is generally the right way to make a
embedded system.