/etc/security/limits.conf

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Apr 2 13:53:41 PST 2004

Folks,

Could someone enlighten me as to what package creates/uses this file
please.  I've got a feeling it's PAM, but BLFS doesn't mention it.  In
case you're wondering, I'm running through Oracle 10g's quick install
guide and it needs some stuff editing in that file.  I've an /etc/limits
but it doesn't take the same syntax.  Immediately after
/etc/security/limits.conf is edited, the guide goes on to edit
/etc/pam.d/login, hence my suspicion that they *really want* me to have
PAM installed.

Cheers,

Matt.