Cross-compiling LFS

Randy McMurchy LFS-User at mcmurchy.com
Thu Apr 1 15:15:41 PST 2004

Hi all,

First of all, I'm not sure this is a BLFS question, but I'm not
sure it's an LFS question either. So, if I've used the wrong list,
I apologize now. Simply let me know and I'll redirect the question
to LFS-Support.

I'm making my first attempt at cross-compiling from one x86 platform
to another. I've read and I understand the concepts presented
in the crosscompiling hint. I'll set the CHOST and CFLAGS environment
variables, along with performing the uname hack.

Is there anything else I need to look out for? The hint seems
quite old, it references some very old packages. If anyone has
any experience they would care to share which could save me some
time and trouble, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Randy