BLFS-5.0 Couier-0.45.2 Start errors

JazerNorth google at jaynorth.net
Thu Apr 1 11:23:26 PST 2004

I get the following when I start Courier-0.45.2:

[root at sys2 /home/vmailman]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/courier start
touch: cannot touch `/var/lock/subsys/courier': No such file or directory
Starting Courier mail server:/var/run/courierfilter.pid: Permission denied
  courierfilter/usr/sbin/authlib/authdaemond.mysql: error while loading
shared libraries: libmysqlclient.so.12: cannot open shared object file:
No such file or directory
  authdaemond courierldapaliasd webmail/init.d/courier: line 91:
/usr/sbin/courier: is a directory
  courierd imapd imapd-ssl

Is there something I missed in configuration?  I followed the BLFS-5.0
book exactly, except the newer version.  The newer version said it only
changed some security issues.

JN