Network speed problems

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Apr 1 06:24:29 PST 2004

Declan Moriarty said the following on 04/01/04 15:51:

> That's the sort of speed I got on a 10MB network.
> Are you _sure_ everything knows it should be doing 100MB?

No, not sure and I don't know how to find out. I found out something
else: downloading from a machine in the LAN from a fast host yields
significantly better performance (in the range of 6-7 MB/s). The problem
is obviously within the LAN, because in it the max. speed isn't more
then 850KB/s. How can I narrow this further down?

Thanks,

FAQ and Website Maintainer
{faq,website}@linuxfromscratch.org
www.jeroencoumans.nl