Into the 21st century

Declan. Moriarty declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie
Tue Sep 30 01:33:23 PDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 08:55:44PM +0200, Erik Postma enlightened us
thusly
> On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 17:59:08 +0100, "Declan. Moriarty"
> <declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie> wrote:
> > I have finally landed in the 21st century with a modern pc.
> Congratulations and welcome! (I guess you will be starting over with
> LFS 5.0pre1? Hope things will work out better than last time...)

I found a good few reasons for the last time. /dev/pts not mounted;
sticky bits set on gcc-2.95 and gcc-3.31(! Don't ask me how); sticky bit
set on Perl(for qmail-scanner); a dodgy archive of glibc.

> > Problem is, I know _nothing_ about the 21st century and need a few
> > pointers.
> >
> > 1. Where do I start learning about Video cards - I landed a Radeon
> > 7400; I need drivers, and that DRI site - to start reading from the
> > very beginning.
>
> dri.sourceforge.net is the main site, and I seem to remember
> knowledgeable people saying that they have the most up-to-date drivers
> -- and probably docs.

Yeah, thanks for that. I knew there was a site with dri in it somewhere.

--

	With best Regards,

	Declan Moriarty.