PS1 question

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Mon Sep 29 23:24:31 PDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 12:17:22AM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> Maybe you could hack bash so it calls %P instead of %p.  Personally, I
> like a 24 hour clock.

I never thought of that. I didn't even know what all the %?'s were, let
alone what they did. The most I knew about them was what date --help
showed and %P wasn't listed. Thank you Bruce! It won't get rid of the
extra space, but at least I can have a lowercase am/pm (assuming this
works).

--
Archaic

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain
occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.  It will often be
exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I
like a little rebellion now and then.

- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Abigail Adams, 1787