About LKMs (kudzu)

layman layman82 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 24 09:14:04 PDT 2003

--- layman <layman82 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> (excuse me for top posting)
> hello,
>
> thanks for your information. I learnt that kmod
> seems
> to be a dumb stuff because i thought it should load
> the LKMs without any aliases or /etc/modules.conf.
>
> BTW regarding kudzu. I face a lot of problems to
> make
> kudzu work.
>
> Is there any decent Hint available for kudzu that
> also
> deals with the compiling issues.
>
> I get the following compiling error for Kudzu::
>
> pci.c:830: warning: passing arg 2 of
> `checkPCISerial'
> from incompatible pointer type
> pci.c:845: warning: implicit declaration of function
> `pci_cleanup'
> pci.c: At top level:
> pci.c:658: warning: `isDisabled' defined but not
> used
> make: *** [pci.o] Error 1

hi,  I solved this error by copying the pci related
header files to /usr/include/pci and libpci.a to
/usr/lib

But now I have a new compile error in kudzu::
hwconf.c:1555: warning: implicit declaration of
function `newtGridFree'
hwconf.c:1560: `NEWT_EXIT_HOTKEY' undeclared (first
use in this function)
hwconf.c:1503: warning: unused variable `es'
hwconf.c: In function `main':
hwconf.c:1918: warning: passing arg 3 of
`poptGetContext' from incompatible pointer type
make: *** [hwconf.o] Error 1