Ram Drive

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Mon Sep 22 19:14:47 PDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 09:00:56PM -0400, Nickolaos Fotopoulos wrote:

> Eventually your gonna have to write back to disk for permanent storage.  What
> happens if you loose power suddenly?  I suppose that for day to day
> operations; bin, lib and config dirs that don't really change often could
> give you a boost, but would it be enough to make it worth your while?

Read the readonly_rootfs hint. I covered that scenario.

--
Archaic

"Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty
when the government's purposes are beneficient...The greatest dangers to
liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but
without understanding."

- Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis