Read-only rootfs (Was Re: Multiple partition)

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Sun Sep 14 11:24:41 PDT 2003

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003, Archaic wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 14, 2003 at 11:22:31AM -0500, Archaic wrote:
>
> Maybe I should attach the file. :)

An excellent hint. When I get a chance to actually try it, I'll let you
know if I have any suggestions.

Meanwhile, from the hint, "Note, there may be some hidden dirs or
files that still need to be deleted.  If someone has a command to catch
them, please email me."

GLOBIGNORE='./.';cp -av * .*;unset GLOBIGNORE

It has the side-effect of setting dotglob. I checked to see if dotglob
is unset when GLOBIGNORE is unset and it appears so.

Further info available in 'man bash', nodes Pathname Expansion and
shopt.

HTH

--
Bill Maltby