LyX : lots of LaTeX errors

Alexander E. Patrakov semzx at newmail.ru
Sat Sep 13 22:02:02 PDT 2003

On Sunday 14 September 2003 03:23, Laurent H. wrote:
> Csaba Henk a écrit :
> > By what means did you produce the file, and by what
> > means do you intend to compile it?
>
> I open a "new file" in LyX and try :
>         - either View->DVI or View->PDFLATEX ;
>         - or File->Export->PDF.
> If I export to TeX format, it works (I think because LyX doesn't call
> TeX for this), but I can do nothing with the TeX file produced.
>
> > b) you write a doc in WYSIWYG way in LyX
> >
> > You can import/export (La)TeX files in/from Lyx but it's by no means
> > a meachanic procedure and often proves to be bogus.
>
> If I create (with File->New in LyX) a new document, I've got those
> errors when LaTeX (so TeX, since I didn't installed LaTeX at all) is
> called. I don't try to iport a TeX document in LyX, I'm just create
> one new.

Can you send a resulting TeX file here, so others can test it?

Looks like your installation of TeX is broken. Lyx requires working LaTeX.
Install teTeX according to the book (it includes LaTeX) and retry.

LyX opens fine here, but has problems with the input of Russian text (just
doesn't react to keypresses).
--
Alexander E. Patrakov