LyX : lots of LaTeX errors

Csaba Henk csaba at phony_for_avoiding_spam.org
Sat Sep 13 12:03:43 PDT 2003

In article <bjvipd$t3a$1 at belgarath.linuxfromscratch.org>, Laurent H. wrote:
> Bonjour,
>
> I've recently installed TeX 2.0.2 et LyX 1.3.2 (LFS 4.1). But I can't
> produce any document (a lot of errors at each type).
> So I've created a very simple document (classe article, one title and
> one word of standard text). The errors are as follow :

Be more specific please. By what means did you produce the file, and by what
means do you intend to compile it? It matters because LyX have its own
format. TeX based, but LyX-specific format. So you can hope that you succed
if

a) you write (La)TeX markup by a pure editor and compile it with (La)TeX
b) you write a doc in WYSIWYG way in LyX

You can import/export (La)TeX files in/from Lyx but it's by no means a
meachanic procedure and often proves to be bogus.

--
Csaba

As recently I got too much spam, I don't indicate a valid address in my
posts anymore. If you want to contact me, see the following page:

http://www.math-inst.hu/~ekho/egyelore.html