abiword fonts

Declan. Moriarty declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie
Wed Sep 10 04:00:39 PDT 2003

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 09:30:33AM +0000, david rosal ricart enlightened us thusly
> I've compiled Abiword-1.0.4. No problem. But It can't read M$ Words (.doc)
> documents. The text is displayed, but there's a '?' at the place of each
> letter, so the whole text seems like a big question!
> I think it's caused by the font configuration, but I don't know anything
> else...
>
> thankYOU LFS.

There are/were a pile of docs in the abiword source (which I don't have
around) which gave a decent description of the fonts problems and what
you can do. They were in the .abw format, of course. Dig down the
documents tree for an abw directory.

Reading M$word docs with abiword has always been a sport or pastime not
to be taken too seriously. Maybe it has improved.
--

	With best Regards,

	Declan Moriarty.