Getting up to date.

Declan. Moriarty declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie
Tue Sep 2 09:22:50 PDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 11:25:27AM +0200, Jochen Schroeder enlightened
us thusly
> >The day is coming when my legacy system will not compile the new lfs.
> >It might have happened already :-/. It's either that or a distro. I
> >got a peculiar feeling about them. Have you forgotten this sort of
> >thing?
> >
> In theory the PLFS method should be able to produce a LFS system from
> any base system, Ryan was talking about trying from slackware 1 ish,
> so compared to that lfs 3.3 is very modern ;-). So if you want to
> upgrade just use CVS, or wait 2 more weeks until lfs-5.0 is out.

Pure LFS is what I was hoping for... with an install logger. The real
test for that one is to build from Tomsrtbt. I presume it's been done,
but if not, it is bound to be possible. Then you won't have to go back
any further, because that can be built under windoze.

Hopefully our 'lonely' Tony Sequeira is e-mailing me cvs. You obviously
missed the part where I was complaining that I couldn't download.

--

	With best Regards,

	Declan Moriarty.