DHCP - Has anyone gotten it to work properly?

devoid at hush.com devoid at hush.com
Thu Mar 27 13:06:18 PST 2003

I looked through the archives and found a thread on getting DHCP to work,
 but the poster (Bart Decker) couldn't get it to work properly and went
back to using a static IP.

Thread found here: http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/blfs-
support/2003/03/0955.html

Currently I have recompiled my kernel with the correct nic; created an
alias in /etc/modules.conf for that nic; and used the BLFS book provided
DHCP scripts.  When I boot I get an error message (didn't write it down,
 something about invalid IP parameter).

Just curious if anyone has gotten dhcp working properly and if they'd
care to share with the rest of us.  Well, share with me anyway.

devoid

Big $$$ to be made with the HushMail Affiliate Program:
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org