Can't login

akalus at gmx.de akalus at gmx.de
Thu Mar 27 02:19:07 PST 2003

> On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, dsnpa wrote:
>
> > Rainer Peter Feller worte:
> >

> > I wrote a set of installation scripts on bash that copying only
> > libraries that are needed by selected binaries :-)
> >
> > Regards, Dmitry Samoyloff
>
> hm ... I do this :
> ----------------------
> #/bin/bash
> echo >/tmp/mini.ldd.old
> find bin sbin lib libexec -exec ldd \{\} \; 2>/dev/null |\
>   grep -v -e "not a dynamic executable" -e "statically linked" -e "not
> found" |\
>   cut  -d ' ' -f 3 | sort | uniq >/tmp/mini.ldd.new
> until diff /tmp/mini.ldd.old /tmp/mini.ldd.new &>/dev/null
> do mv /tmp/mini.ldd.new /tmp/mini.ldd.old
>    for i in `cat /tmp/mini.ldd.old`  ; do ldd $i 2>/dev/null  ;done |\
>      grep -v -e "not a dynamic executable" -e "statically linked" -e "not
> found" |\
>      cut -d ' ' -f 3 | sort | uniq >/tmp/mini.ldd
>    cat /tmp/mini.ldd.old /tmp/mini.ldd | cut -d ' ' -f 3 | sort | uniq
> >/tmp/mini.ldd.new
> done
> mv /tmp/mini.ldd.new /tmp/mini.ldd
> rm /tmp/mini.ldd.old
> cat /tmp/mini.ldd

Hello Rainer,

as I have little experience in shell programming: would you mind giving some
short comments on each command? If I understood the posting the script
searches for and copies libraries needed by some binaries (which?).

General question: what are good online resources regarding shell
programming?

Andre

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org