Gnome 2.2 - Desktop broken

Dagmar d'Surreal dagmar.wants at nospam.com
Wed Mar 26 08:49:44 PST 2003

On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 13:47, Kevan Shea wrote:
> I just finished installing GNOME 2.2 a couple days ago.  Everything seems to be working except that I cant access the icons on my desktop (Trash, Home, Start Here).  Trash and Home show up as normal files and Start Here shows up as a GNOME icon named starthere.desktop.  None of these work when double clicked.
>
> Nautilus itself works fine.  What could I have borked to get this?

Nautilus has a _lot_ of dependencies, but that warning having been
given, my primary suspects would be gnome-vfs, libxml/libxslt, ORBit,
GConf, and maybe even bonobo/bonobo-activation.  Since this list is
rather broad, you'll want to consider coughing up details about your
build like, which version of the book were you using (if CVS, updated
last when), and maybe a list of all the packages you installed in the
Gnome section if you deviated _at all_ from the versions listed in the
book.  What --prefix did you use to install?  (These would be a good
start)

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org