smpeg-0.4.4 link failure

Michael W Daniels daniels at ling.ohio-state.edu
Tue Mar 25 11:38:22 PST 2003

At 02:11 PM 3/25/2003, you wrote:
>Trying to compile smpeg and Im getting the following error when it is trying
>to link plaympeg as far as I understand. Googling didnt help much and reading
>the gcc and ld man pages leads me to think that a link to a library is
>missing or the -Wl options are mangled but I dont know which. Does anyone
>have any idea? TIA.

Here's what I did to make this compile. There's probably a better way if
you understand auto*, but I don't.

After running configure, open Makefile in an editor. Somewhere around line
108, look for a line beginning with

libsmpeg_la_LDFLAGS =

Add "-lstdc++" to the end of that line.

Then run make as normal.

--
Michael W. Daniels        | Choreography is its own reward.
daniels at ling.osu.edu      | Some things are done only for the sake

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org