Problems with latest XFS

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Mon Mar 24 09:40:52 PST 2003

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 17:27:02 +0000 (UTC)
archaic at indy.rr.com (Archaic) wrote:

> > > But since you wouldn't be on the internet to tell me,
> >
> > Thats quite an assumption...
>
> Which you yourself agreed you have no control over.

Still an assumption on your part, no less than mine.

> > Odd are its canadian... (I would have boycotted US stuff).
>
> Or South American. Sadly, we are following in the footsteps of older
> civilizations in forest destruction.

And technically you have less right than most countries to chop down
your trees, since you, as a nation, produce far more pollution than any
other non-3rd-world country...

> BTW, why don't you also boycott UK products? Now there's a challenge!

Already covered that one. If I did that, I'd starve.

> > It is irrelevant. the world would live without it. The US produces
> > NOTHING that isnt produced *somewhere* else on the planet. not even
> > (har har) democracy...
>
> Wow! For someone who programs, I'm having trouble figuring out where
> you get your logic. Irrelevant is like bad code that still does it's
> job. When you have to apply a workaround, it's no longer irrelevant.
> Sure, the world would go on. That doesn't equal irrelevant. It would
> be a total pain in the ass if one if the industrialized nations
> completely stopped economically.

Any other nation, I'd agree. However the US produces practically nothing
unique.

--
Don't support the war. Join Bjorns boycott of American products.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org