Problems with latest XFS

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Mon Mar 24 09:27:17 PST 2003

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 04:48:57PM +0000, Ian Molton wrote:

> > But since you wouldn't be on the internet to tell me,
>
> Thats quite an assumption...

Which you yourself agreed you have no control over.

> > you'd have to write. I'd grant you special
> > dispensation to pay the govt for postage as long as you don't use
> > paper made from trees that were processed by an American company.
>
> Odd are its canadian... (I would have boycotted US stuff).

Or South American. Sadly, we are following in the footsteps of older
civilizations in forest destruction. BTW, why don't you also boycott UK
products? Now there's a challenge!

> > Now, I know this is really absurd. Just like the comments about the US
> > economy being irrelevant to the world economy.
>
> It is irrelevant. the world would live without it. The US produces
> NOTHING that isnt produced *somewhere* else on the planet. not even (har
> har) democracy...

Wow! For someone who programs, I'm having trouble figuring out where you
get your logic. Irrelevant is like bad code that still does it's job.
When you have to apply a workaround, it's no longer irrelevant. Sure,
the world would go on. That doesn't equal irrelevant. It would be a
total pain in the ass if one if the industrialized nations completely
stopped economically.

--
Archaic

--
Live free or die; death is not the worst of evils.

- General George Stark.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org