Samba problems

Peter B. Steiger wypbs001 at bornagain.com
Sat Mar 22 14:14:12 PST 2003

on 22 Mar 2003, Thomas Worm sez:
> I've downloaded samba-2.2.8 and installed it with following commands:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/ --sysconfdir=/etc
> --localstatedir= /var --with-fhs --with-smbmount --with-automount
> --with quota make

{snip for brevity}
> The smb.conf ist placed in /etc.

I think even if you specify --sysconfdir=/etc it will create a separate
samba subdirectory (e.g., /etc/samba) under there and look for the config
files in it.  Try moving smb.conf to /etc/samba/smb.conf and see what
happens.  Samba is one of the few things I got working right the first time
when I got into blfs!

You DID remember to enable the SMB fs in kernel configuration, didn't you?

--
Peter B. Steiger
Cheyenne, WY
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org