eth0 start up error

Frank Mancuso umbrella at unixfaq.org
Sat Mar 22 10:10:55 PST 2003

I figured out my problem, my driver for my nic needs to be complied into
kernel or it won't work. I have a realteck Rtl-8029 so I used the right
driver and it works. So if someone else has this problem I suggest doing
this if you have lets say redhat or suse installed and your nic is
working login and do this dmesg|more and look for you nic card and write
down the information and than look up the driver name for linux so when
you complie kernel you know which one to build into the kernel.