APMD sources?

Molchun molchun at bluerealm.co.uk
Fri Mar 21 16:22:55 PST 2003

On Friday 21 March 2003 4:32 pm, Matthew Burgess wrote:
> "Molchun" <molchun at bluerealm.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:200303171237.03355.molchun at bluerealm.co.uk...
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > does anybody know where I can get the latest sources for APM daemon?
> > I found one link but the version is very old and refuses to compile.
> > Eventually I managed to fix the compilation problem but still newer
>
> sources
>
> > would be an advantage.
> >
> > I need it for my new Dell C840 laptop. I was actually quite suprised
>
> that it
>
> > still works with APM. I thought that all modern laptops use ACPI now.
> > Although it "goes to sleep" without apmd but I still want to
>
> experiment a bit
>
> > since it doesn't always come back from the coma :).
>
> Did you try using ACPI on it in place of APM and verify that it doesn't
> work?

I don't need to try, I know exactly what current ACPI implementation on Linux
is capable of :).

> I believe that ACPI is preferred over APM for those machines that

Well, don't. It can't be prefered 'cos it doesn't work properly yet.
Having a couple of ACPI drivers does not mean it's supported and it won't be
till the kernel is able to "work" with ACPI capable devices and it will only
happen in 2.6.x series (hopefully).

> support it.  Anyway apmd 3.0.2 (released November 2001 from the dates in
> the tarball) can be found at apmd's homepage at
> http://www.worldvisions.ca/~apenwarr/apmd/ - incidentally this was the
> first link that http://freshmeat.net returned, and is also referenced
> lot's of times when searching google using this:

I'm well aware of this one. I just thought that somebody new of a newer
version and I wasn't sure that was the latest. There lots of stale links and
pages out there.

> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=apmd+homepage.
> I'd store http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq/#how-to-find for future
> reference :)

Really? Do you always associate doubt with stupidity?

--
God created the integers, all the rest is work of man.

-- Leopold Kronecker
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org