APMD sources?

Matthew Burgess ca9mbu at hermes.sunderland.ac.uk
Fri Mar 21 08:32:29 PST 2003

"Molchun" <molchun at bluerealm.co.uk> wrote in message
news:200303171237.03355.molchun at bluerealm.co.uk...
> Hi,
>
> does anybody know where I can get the latest sources for APM daemon?
> I found one link but the version is very old and refuses to compile.
> Eventually I managed to fix the compilation problem but still newer
sources
> would be an advantage.
>
> I need it for my new Dell C840 laptop. I was actually quite suprised
that it
> still works with APM. I thought that all modern laptops use ACPI now.
> Although it "goes to sleep" without apmd but I still want to
experiment a bit
> since it doesn't always come back from the coma :).

Did you try using ACPI on it in place of APM and verify that it doesn't
work?  I believe that ACPI is preferred over APM for those machines that
support it.  Anyway apmd 3.0.2 (released November 2001 from the dates in
the tarball) can be found at apmd's homepage at
http://www.worldvisions.ca/~apenwarr/apmd/ - incidentally this was the
first link that http://freshmeat.net returned, and is also referenced
lot's of times when searching google using this:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=apmd+homepage.
I'd store http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq/#how-to-find for future
reference :)

Regards,