KDE 3.1 floods terminal with "dirty /etc/mtab" warnings

Joe Veldhuis electrode at garandnet.net
Thu Mar 20 12:54:13 PST 2003

Hey list. I finally got around to compiling KDE 3.1 about 2 weeks ago on
my most recent LFS, and it seems to be working correctly for the most
part, but with one problem. Whenever I run a KDE application (such as
konqueror, kwrite, kcalc, etc) the console I launch it from gets this
message echoed to it about once a second:

kio (KDirWatch): KDirWatch-3 emitting dirty /etc/mtab

This goes on as long as any KDE app is running, and persists for about
10 seconds after the last one is closed. This isn't critical bit it is
pretty annoying. Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone have a solution?

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org