insane kernel settings

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Mon Mar 17 16:01:38 PST 2003

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003 17:58:13 +0000 (UTC)
dagmar.wants at nospam.com (Dagmar d'Surreal) wrote:

> > didnt we establish that the cradle is a usbserial device and as such
> > *would* always exist, thus not requiring software modifications?
>
> I thought we did.  The (fixable) problem still remains that devfs
> won't do anything about this until it sees activity from the device.
> (So we tell it to keep a static device node of it's own, big deal.)

Remind me - it doesnt see the *cradle* until you press the button,
right?

if thats the case, you can use devfs and hotplug.

if it sees the cradle always, devfs is an irrelevance because it perfoms
identically to a static node in that case...

either way the palm itself is a serial device and has nothing to do with
devfs ;)
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org