Anybody successfully installed lm_sensors?

Rob Park rbpark at ualberta.ca
Fri Mar 14 18:49:01 PST 2003

Alas! Ian Molton spake thus:
> On Sat, 15 Mar 2003 01:31:20 +0000 (UTC)
> rbpark at ualberta.ca (Rob Park) wrote:
> > > so compile it as modules... its supplied with the kernel source...
> >
> > But then I'd have to recompile my kernel. I'm really not in the mood
> > for that; this is supposed to work without needing a kernel recompile.
>
> uh...
>
> if your kernel doesnt have i2c support, or module support,

My kernel *has* module support, but it doesn't have i2c support. This is
how it _should_ be. According to the docs, I'm not supposed to use the
i2c that comes with the kernel, because it's version 2.6.1 and I'm
trying to install 2.7.0, which requires that I use the seperate
i2c-2.7.0 package. The docs for that specifically state that i2c support
in the kernel should be either OFF or as a MODULE. In my kernel, it's
OFF.

--
Rob Park
http://www.ualberta.ca/~rbpark