insane kernel settings

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Tue Mar 11 15:38:24 PST 2003

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Sam Halliday wrote:

> The same also happens when i try to mount the usbdevfs; the usbcore
> module is not autoloaded. Which rule must i place in my modules.conf
> file in order for usbcore to be autoloaded when needed? i use devfs.

 No experience of usb here, and I won't touch devfs with the proverbial
barge-pole, but I imagine you need something like

pre-install usbdevfs modprobe usbcore

assuming that the module names are usbdevfs.o and usbcore.o, and that
usbcore is nneded for usbdevfs to load (if it's the other way around,
swap them in the line above).

Ken

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org