Does moz need gtk2 now?

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Mar 8 11:42:16 PST 2003

Bryan Alves wrote:

>I figured a pretty compelling reason is quite a few reports of moz being unstable in gtk2 :)

Please don't top post.

The gtk2 build is quite stable and better, especially with the new Xft
lib. Check out Bug # 92033 in Bugzilla, it is a tracking bug for gtk2
port. You can apply patches from there for bugs that really bother you.

>The only reason I don't want to use it as gtk2 is because I don't want to start mix-and-matching gtk1 and gtk2 programs, I want to have a nice, uniform interface with all of my programs.  I'll go back to the hint then (worried about the hint being out of date because of X 4.3)

The hint is slightly out-of-date, so don't blindly follow it.

BTW, if you want a uniform interface, gtk1 is the way to go, but if you
want a nice interface, gtk2 is "Da Man":-)

--
Tushar Teredesai
  http://www.geocities.com/tushar/

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org