qmail root alias

Declan. Moriarty declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie
Fri Mar 7 09:11:27 PST 2003

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 03:10:22PM +0100, Stefan Krah enlightened us thusly
> * "Declan. Moriarty" <declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie> wrote:
> > root:~#ls -l /var/qmail/alias
> > total 32
> > -rw-r--r--    1 root     qmail           4 Feb  7 13:11 .declan.moriarty
> > -rw-r--r--    1 root     qmail           7 Feb  7 10:54 .elliotm
> > -rw-r--r--    1 root     qmail           6 Feb  7 10:54 .neo_san
>
> http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/blfs-support/2003/02/0378.html
>
> > -rw-r--r--    1 root     qmail           7 Feb  7 10:53 .tech.genius
>
> http://cr.yp.to/qmail/faq/incominguser.html#alias-dots
>
> > I have also tried this as 'dec' which is the logged in user who gets the
> > mail for declan.moriarty.
>
> After fixing the aliases you also have to take into account that the
> qmail-users mechanism is checked before the alias mechanism.

Thanks for the pointers (again) Stefan, but why did you have to put the
reference to the archives in? It reminds me how stupid I really am with
this stuff :-/.

I never checked the aliases, because I shoved them in at the same
time as the users, and the system worked. I didn't know which bit was
working (i.e. the users, or the aliases) so I stopped fiddling, in case
I found out :-P

--

	With best Regards,

	Declan Moriarty.