Bash trouble reading /etc/profile

Fletcher, Jason A jason.a.fletcher at intel.com
Tue Mar 4 09:39:58 PST 2003

When I try to use a profile with bash-2.05a, some funny stuff happens.
If I use the /etc/profile from the blfs cvs, I lose usage of my 'n' key
when I login.  If I create a .bash_profile in a user directory and
'source .bash_profile' the user gets logged out.

Both profiles have if statements, though I doubt that's the issue.
(Haven't tried, so I can't know for sure.)  I used glibc-2.3(.1, I
think.  I'm in my Windows partion for the mailing) and gcc-3.2.1 when
building.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix it, other than rebuilding LFS?

-Jason Fletcher
jason.a.fletcher at intel.com

P.S. I'm not subscribed to the list, so please CC me on any replies.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org