openssl 0.9.7

Seth W.Klein sk at sethwklein.net
Sat Mar 1 18:52:44 PST 2003

Marianne Taylor <mataylor at shaw.ca> wrote:

> I am trying to compile openssl according to the instructions from
> the BLFS book CVS version 20030228.  When I put in the initial sed command:
>  sed '/=head1 *NAME/,+2s/passwd/openssl-passwd/' doc/apps/passwd.pod > doc/apps/openssl-passwd.pod
>
> I get the following error:
> sed: -e expression #1, char 16: Unexpected ','
>
> What am I doing wrong?

You get to join the rest of us who have a , "I didn't read my email
before posting award." (Forgive the attitude, i'm in a really nasty
mood tonight and should have my keyboard taken away :)

The confirmation to the answer given to someone who posted this
question before just came in 3 minutes after your question. (Upgrade
sed to 4.05.) It'll also be in the FAQ once the HTML regenerates:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq/#openssl-sed-unexpected

(Adding it to the FAQ is probably not the right solution. The BLFS
instructions should probably not require so new a sed and if they
do they should probably say so. CCed to blfs-dev for that reason.)

/me notes that Larry beat me to it. But _my_ answer is betta ;P

cheers,
Seth W. Klein
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org