Woe is Me: Thoughts on X

Seth W.Klein sk at sethwklein.net
Sat Mar 1 17:22:37 PST 2003

"Dylan Gorman" <rivathyking at hotmail.com> wrote:

> [....]
>
> make[3]: *** [xcursorgen.o] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/xc/programs/xcursorgen'
> make[2]: *** [install] Error 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/xc/programs'
> make[1]: *** [install] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/xc'
> make: *** [install] Error 2

That isn't enough of the make output. I think the LFS Book states
how much off the make output you need to provide but i'll restate
it here anyway: Cut and paste from at least as far back as the last
line that starts with "gcc" (or "cc" or "g++" in other cases).

To find out exactly what you needed to include, see the FAQ entry
which also gives the fix:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq/#xfree-png-lz

While you're there, you might save yourself (and us) time in case
of future problems by familiarizing yourself with that most time
saving document.

cheers,
Seth W. Klein
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org