Woe is Me: Thoughts on X

Rob Park rbpark-NOSPAM at ualberta.ca
Sat Mar 1 16:01:59 PST 2003

Alas! Ian Molton spake thus:
> no, its libpng thats broken because it doesnt pull in its dependencies.

How is it libpng that's broken??

The way I understand it, is that xcursorgen is linking against libz (or
zlib or whatever it's called), and libz needs libpng, but isn't linking
against it, so xcursorgen needs to link against libpng in order to
satisfy libz's dependencies.

libpng isn't broken because something else forgot to link against it,
it's the thing that isn't linking against it that's broken.

--
Rob Park
http://www.ualberta.ca/~rbpark

	- Linus Torvalds