Help! Cannot print on lfs.....

Horacio Ferrero horace.linux at noos.fr
Tue Jun 24 05:40:18 PDT 2003

I found that in my case the URI device should be : parallel:/dev/lp0.

It's OK now but still no printing at all!

The only thing that I cannot fix is a lot of :
modprobe : modprobe cannot find char-major-6
But cupsd is launched and the last sentence is [ OK]

If I send the /etc/rc.d/init.d/cups restart All is clean...

But stil nothing goes to the printer..

Note: Printer is a HP DeskJet 980cxi full supported.....
I uses HP DeskJet 980C, Foomatic + hpijs

The job is spawned but the printer saids :
"Unable to open parallel port device file "/dev/lp0": No such device"

Why?