hardware detection in lfs

Andrew Davis andrew at socallinuxsolutions.com
Mon Jan 20 10:17:36 PST 2003

Have you thought about going to google and searching for "linux
+whatever_your_device_is" ? Or better, do the search at
www.google.com/linux as that will narrow your results to linux only.
Usually a search like that will lead to pages with examples showing how
people got their various hardware working. If you have that same h/w,
you should be able to use their examples as a starting point. Also, when
posting a h/w question to the list, it would probably be good to tell us
what piece of hardware it is... ex: if you're having an issue getting a
3Com NIC working... tell us what type it is... 3C905b (c) or (d). Bear
in mind as well that not ALL h/w is supported by Linux. If you happen to
have a piece of h/w that was just released to the market last month,
there may not be any support for it in the kernel yet.

AD

--
Andrew Davis, Founder
SoCalLinuxSolutions
andrew at socallinuxsolutions.com
760-525-4689

SoCalLinuxSolutions.com
Linux Consultation & Integration Services

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org