Printing on a network with CUPS

Declan. Moriarty declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie
Sun Feb 23 03:21:42 PST 2003

On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 06:42:34PM -0500, Frank Gore enlightened us thusly
> On February 22, 2003 19:18, torsten wrote:
> > I should have said, "lthough it can take a few days to
> > respond, and many times there is no response."   :)
>
> That's one thing that continues to amaze me about this mailing list and its
> members. Just about everything gets answered quickly and efficiently, as
> opposed to other mailing lists where answers can take days to come, if they
> ever do. The linuxprinting.org lists are a prime example of a forum where it
> can take days to get an answer. The OpenOffice.org mailing lists aren't much
> better. I've always gotten answers there, but usually days after the question
> was posted.
>
> Help with a problem can always be found somewhere, but this list [these *LFS
> lists] provide _good_ help in a _timely_ manner on just about any topic
> imagineable... except cross-platform network printing, it seems :)

"Flattery will get you everywhere" - a national policy of the Irish ;-)

I explored this one before; The trouble is, nobody ever becomes an
expert on printing. Most have found a solution (and they're not really
sure how) that works for them, or is better than what they had. A lot of
luck is involved, it seems.

If X wouldn't compile, or boot, every time it would get fixed in a few
days. But printing.....
--

	With best Regards,

	Declan Moriarty.